Amazon Exports and Expansion builds new experiences which help our customers across the world access the benefits of shopping on Amazon to find products sourced locally for them or exported from other Amazon marketplaces. Do you want to improve how shoppers around the world discover and purchase products that delight them? Our mission is to provide a one-stop shopping experience to international customers that includes:
• Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them with a world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
• Drive customer experience technology for supporting customers all over the world.
• Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
You will be responsible for solving challenging engineering and business problems involving low latency distributed systems, ML initiatives and user experiences to enable customers from over 150+ countries purchase products on Amazon with guaranteed shipping. Our solutions have to be super solid, scalable, efficient, and extensible for new marketplace launches. You will own the design, development, testing and deployment of these services. You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities and designing features, to re-architecture as necessary, to automated testing, to mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership.
The ideal engineer for this space will be highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience, be inventive, and have a strong track record of delivery. You also have a pragmatic approach and iterative approach to building software. You have an ability to simplify and get things done working effectively with external and internal teams.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Demonstrated ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us