Software Dev Engineer
- Arlington, VA
Interested in working with the latest technology in the cloud computing space?
The Amazon People Engine team is building cutting edge solutions to enable employees and managers to self-serve changes across all human resource processes.
Join us in building an innovative technology using Amazon Web Services to meet the complex and unique demands of managing more than 2,000,000 employees globally; onboarding more than 100,000 employees in four weeks. We dive deep to insist on the highest standards in architecture, coding, testing, deploying and maintaining every aspect of our offerings.
If you're thrilled by the idea of ownership, passionate about creating new platforms, features and services from scratch and comfortable with the pace of a company shipping software in cycles measured in weeks not years, we would love to connect with you.
We are looking for developers with strong computer science fundamentals, including UX design, data structures, object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis. If you have a track record of designing and building scalable, complex solutions across distributed systems in an agile environment, we want to talk to you.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Experience building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets
• Experience working with AWS big data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda for serverless ETL)
• Demonstrated strength in data modeling, ETL development, and data warehousing
• Proven success in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe data modeling decisions and data engineering strategy
• Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top