Software Dev Engineer - AWS
- Seattle, WA
Are you ready to innovate at an unprecedented scale?
A wave of innovation is bringing sweeping changes to networking technology. Virtualization, unimaginable scale, hardware commoditization and automation are revolutionizing network software. At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we leverage big data technologies and deep network analytics to model, build and run one of the largest networks in the world. We push the boundaries of robustness and fault-tolerance. Our engineers design smart adaptive algorithms that react intelligently to real-world events. We develop software at every level of the stack from front-end user interfaces to low-level embedded software and everything in between. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team of software developers who thrive on solving challenging problems.
As a Software Engineer on the Network Spatial Data(NSD) team you will build software that will allow AWS to understand, build and improve the reliability of the physical AWS network. NSD customers need this geospatial data to visualize a network that crosses the entire plant, identify where in the real world availability risk lies and to plan exponential network growth. This is a great opportunity to work full stack from geospatial visualization UIs, down through the big data services used to detect real-world anomalies.
This is super visible work on a new and high growth service and will provide a great opportunity to shine in the spotlight. The ideal candidate should be interested in being part of a nimble team that is passionate about innovating for AWS customers. A commitment to team work, a strong hustle and the desire to run at challenges vs. away from them are key factors in being successful on NSD.
Come join us in AWS Networking and enjoy the satisfaction the comes from successfully building software to scale and provide insights about one of the world's biggest networks.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Expertise building scalable, available, and low-latency distributed systems
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team.
• Familiarity with building native AWS solutions, asynchronous messaging, and network protocols
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top