We've launched! Come join Amazon Halo and the Health and Wellness team!
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon's Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
As a Software Engineer on this team, you will define and build innovative consumer product experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background developing consumer applications and services across mobile platforms (Android and iOS) or high-volume service architectures, and an industry-leading knowledge of object-oriented development.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
• Knowledge of data structures & algorithms.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems.
• Experience designing software for performance, scalability, and reliability.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us