Software Dev Engineer, Alexa AI Analytics
- Cambridge, MA
Interested in Amazon Alexa, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence? We're building the speech and language solutions behind Amazon Alexa and other Amazon products and services. Come join us!
Our Alexa spoken language understanding analytics team (part of Alexa A.I.) is seeking a talented, self-directed Software Development Engineer to help us pioneering new machine learning tools and processes through an iterative research and development cycle. You will build scalable, self-serve applications grounded in data science techniques for use across the Alexa Machine Learning organization. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy as you work with a small team of subject matter experts, engineers, and product managers to define features, system architecture, best practices, and a long-term architecture and software strategy for the analytics suite. You will work with the other engineers on the team to execute our technical vision and create a world class product.
Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Data & Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can dive into a project with limited guidance and is able to design and implement inventive, simple solutions to complex problems. He or she will be passionate about new technologies and have a track record of delivering valuable software features and products in a fast-paced, highly iterative environment. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
• Responsible for the development and maintenance of key backend components and APIs
• Will work with business and technical stakeholders to determine end-to-end system design and overall technical strategy
• Will work with a Front End Engineer to connect backend components to engaging, user-tested UIs
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work alongside team's data engineers to support and maintain large SQL and relational databases for use with team's software applications and products.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to regularly deliver high quality software that has a measurable customer value
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 5+ years of industry experience.
• 4 years of programming in one or more object-oriented languages like Java/Python/C#/Ruby/Objective C/C++.
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• MS in Computer Science
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Experience in web/front-end development.
• Experience with SQL and relational databases.
• Experience creating or consuming large data sets.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top