Software Dev Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
Interested in Amazon Echo? Come work on the engine behind it - Alexa. We're building the Alexa Skills Platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We're working hard, having fun, making history; come join us! We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented full stack developer to build innovative web-services that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
• Development and maintenance of key system features.
• Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application.
• Full stack developer that is able to work in all parts of an application - the backend services, middle tier, and front-end.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Programming experince in C, C++ and/or Java in Linux and/or Windows environment
• Development experience using primary Amazon Web Services e.g. Amazon S3 and DynamoDB
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top