The AWS Identity team owns and operates highly scalable, highly available distributed systems that are used by all AWS customers and internal service teams alike. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS. We enable our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant engineering leaders to work with us on this new initiative! Our software handles every single request across all AWS Services. Think of scale at millions of requests/sec! If this sounds exciting to you, we should connect.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Our mission is to build the most secure, reliable, scalable and performant authentication and authorization platform on the planet, which enables every AWS customer to have a secure access to their resources.
We are looking for a talented software engineer who is passionate about taking complex problems and creating simple, scalable, maintainable solutions in authentication and authorization space. We're looking for engineers to design, evangelize and implement state of the art solutions at massive scale.
You must have an established background in building large distributed systems, strong technical skills, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. It is a highly technical space. You are a strong technical leader who effectively partners with other technical leaders in the team, understands the big picture, drives prioritization, builds consensus and rallies the team behind it. Responsibilities include design and implementation of complex components while maintaining an uncompromising bar on quality.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices for the design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems as well as experience in taking such systems from design to production and operating at large scale
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
• 3+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
• Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.