Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Echo and Amazon Show. The Amazon Devices group delivers delightfully unique Amazon experiences, giving customers instant access to everything, digital or physical.
Want to help shape how connected devices get to market faster? Join the new initiative Amazon Common Software (ACS) for Devices which launched Feb '2020 (https://developer.amazon.com/acs-devices). ACS is software that makes it faster to develop devices that are transforming the smart home and run Amazon services, like Alexa. Join us.
As a Software Development Engineer on the ACS team, you will be part of a team that owns critical ACS components, services, tools, and application development frameworks - working on projects that push the boundaries of customer-device interaction.
You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer product experiences. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. You will participate in designing, prototyping, and building solutions to hard problems in the Amazon Devices ecosystem.
As part of your work, you will work closely with Amazon device software teams, product management teams, external partner developers, internal Amazon application developers, and Amazon service teams to drive development from the concept stage to the launch stage
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of software development engineering experience in C/C++/Java, with at least one year of experience developing embedded applications
• 2+ years in developing Apps using Android SDK or NDK
• 1+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
8+ years of software development engineering experience, with at least one year of experience developing embedded applications
3+ years of experience in coding in C/C++ and in Java.
3+ years of experience in design and architecture, as well as familiarity with object oriented design patterns
2+ years in developing embedded software is a plus.
Experience in developing on Linux and good understanding on IoT.
Highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
Good interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening, and customer relationships.