Software Dev Engineer
- New York, NY
The FastTrack team builds distributed services and Big Data platforms to understand core customer experiences and drive experience improvements across Supply Chain Optimization Technologies (SCOT) and beyond. At Amazon, decisions start and end with the customer. This mindset has led the SCOT organization to build innovative technical solutions to drive Amazon's supply chain and make products customers want available as quickly as possible. With a supply chain as complex as Amazon, the smallest of changes can have a profound impact on the end customer experience.
We're looking for an experienced software engineer to provide technical leadership over the definition, design, and development of the next generation solution for how Amazon measures and understands our customer's experience. In this job you will apply core software engineering skills on a daily basis. In this role expect to:
• Work with business partners to understand customer requirements and design new products which must scale to handle high volume and large data sets; you will own these products through all stages of the SDLC.
• Utilizing object-oriented software design to program large-scale systems, leveraging design patterns to write maintainable code.
• Apply software development best practices in terms of quality and security.
• Work with AWS technologies such as EMR, S3, DynamoDB, Lambda, SQS, and more.
• Experiment and explore new technologies to create innovative solutions.
At Amazon you can take your skills to scale as you innovate on and expand these distributed systems. You will be applying core software engineering skills daily - such as coding in Java or Scala, OO and systems design, machine learning, and problem solving - while utilizing advanced algorithmic and analytical skills. You will also be heavily involved in a multitude of diverse technologies and software engineering models that are used in Service Oriented Architecture. You'll benefit from being part of a fun culture and the ability to learn from so many smart people around the entire company.
This opportunity is perfect for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving key aspects of the customer experience on Amazon.com.
Watch this video for more on SCOT: http://bit.ly/amazon-scot
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C#
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Direct proficiency with JVM languages such as or Scala
• Experience with Spark, EMR, and related technologies
• Experience with Linux-based systems
• Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/service development
Back to top