Do you want to work on one of the coolest and most innovative pieces of technology in recent years? Come join us! We're the Text to Speech (TTS) team at Amazon. We build best-in-class TTS solutions and create magical experiences on Amazon's growing portfolio of speech products.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Software Development Engineer passion for human languages and/or AI systems to join us in Gdansk, Poland or Cambridge, UK. If you want to solve complex problems that push the boundary of speech technologies, this position is for you. If you'd like to create a brand new customer experiences with your software expertise, this position is for you. If you enjoy a collaborative environment, working with amazing engineers and scientists, this position is for you.
As a Software Development Engineer in text-to-speech, you will work with talented peers and lead the development and launch of core product features. Your work will be characterized by high scale, complexity and the need for invention. You'll need to be passionate about machine learning and understand how technology translates into customer experience. You will directly impact our customers and change the landscape of voice-based interactions. You can see and hear your code making a difference. How cool is that?
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise and sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. A successful candidate will be able to leverage Amazon's heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources, to experiment and iterate fast.
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of industry experience
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language (Java, C/C++, C#)
• Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems and Bash scripting
• Solid knowledge of CS fundamentals (algorithms, data structures)
• Professional communication skills and ability to contribute to team discussions
• Working proficiency in English
• Experience with various processes in the full SDLC (coding standards, code reviews, source control, build systems, integration and deployment, maintenance, updates, etc.)
• Knowledge of speech technologies and natural language processing
• Experience with machine learning
• Efficient technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience with end-to-end agile software development
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.