Amazon Prime is world's most recognized membership program and is one of the most critical aspects of Amazon business overall. The Prime Technology team has been engaged in evolving the technology services for geographic expansion as well as building new core services in line with the new program launches.
Within Prime Technology team, this role is on the Real-time Data Processing Framework that we are building for WW Prime. The team has a great set of complex unsolved technical & business problems on the roadmap to handle scale and petabytes of volumes of data. This framework will power some of the Prime Applications in real-time that directly engage with Prime members. The solution for these need to be designed & developed considering use cases across various membership programs in Amazon and not limited to only Prime programs.
Key expectations from the role:
1. Quickly ramp up on the new solutions prioritized in current roadmap and contribute to the design & implementation of the same.
2. Proactively liaise with both business teams and other technical teams and to mentor junior engineers in the team.
3. Optimization of the existing technology stack for scalability and transformation to common infrastructure to support multiple membership programs.
4. Actively work with team to improve on operational excellence, quality of deliverable and improve on continuous deployment.
The massive scale (and continuously increasing) of Amazon Prime membership provides every technologist exposure to design & architecture of highly distributed and scalable systems and scope to further innovate. The role will also allow for opportunities to grow into next level of technical leadership and thereby play a much bigger role in designing innovative solutions impacting larger aspects of Prime and overall Amazon business. Come and join the team which enables world's largest membership program!
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
full stack development
Large scale distributed system design and development
Exposure to AWS Big Data Technologies
Expertise in applying various architectural patterns
Hands-on experience of Service Oriented Architecture design
Experience in modern development methodologies like Agile (Scrum), TDD, BDD etc.
MUST have design experience in at least enterprise wide solutions
Experience in implementing best development practices and enabling continuous deployment.
Proven ability to mentor junior team members technically.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.