Software Dev Engineer
- Nashville, TN
Imagine being able to build the Earth's most customer-centric company...in an organization that delivers a smile to millions of people every single day...and on a team that powers the recruitment of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. This is the reality of being part of Worldwide Operation's Talent Acquisitions team. We need engineers who are owners, who have a bias for action, and who have a deep desire to build....to make the previously impossible possible. Is that you?
You'll work on cutting edge technology that will provide our candidates and business users with the same amazing experience that our customers have come to expect from Amazon.com. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale. As a developer on the team you'll collaborate with sharp engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new services and solutions, build and track metrics to ensure high quality of results.
Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience building production software systems
• Experience leading a product from concept to prototype and implementation
• Experience developing cloud software services
• Experience with the tools of the trade including a variety of modern programming languages (Java/Groovy/Kotlin, C/C++, Objective C, Python) & scripting languages (ReactJS or AngularJS).
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with object oriented design and Micro-service architecture
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
• Experience using cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with scripting in Python and/or Perl
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top