We are looking for experienced software engineers who can help us innovate and build a green-field system to support one of Amazon's newest business verticals: Amazon Healthcare. In this role, you will bring practical experience in building reliable, distributed services to a newly formed team.
About the hiring group
At Finance Automation, we are passionate about building systems and services that deliver a seamless and transparent finance experience for Amazon partners. We are responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the services and financial transactions that supports Amazon customers and vendors worldwide. We build, operate, and scale systems that are responsible for hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, and are central to the success of Amazon and its partners.
You will be responsible for the development and launch of a new records matching and workflow orchestration system to support Amazon's healthcare finance operations. You will influence the system design, and engineering for a brand new system and allied services.
The ideal candidates are passionate about designing and building the right things. They know that architecture and design represent a delicate balance of leading with principle based decisions and balancing with flexibility as the needs evolve. They have a track record of success in delivering, and love bringing people along for the ride. They are committed, demonstrate strong judgement, and lead with humility, while cutting through the noise, and simplifying relentlessly.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar major
• 5+ years of experience in a software or applications engineering role
• Experience working within regulations such as HIPAA, GxP, and GDPR in Healthcare IT industry
• Experience developing internet products and technologies
• Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies
• Proficiency in SQL and data modeling
• Familiarity with Agile and Kanban methodologies
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.