Are you excited about building high visibility, impactful, technical innovation from the ground up, that completely changes the work eligibility experience for millions of people? We are looking for engineers who are passionate about building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love and are excited about joining a new team in a fast-moving space. This is a high visibility team where you will get a chance to make a positive impact on all Amazonians.
Work authorization is a revolutionary service that verifies and authorizes millions of new Amazonians to work at Amazon without contacting service delivery team!. It is among the most innovative services being built within People Experience Technology. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer (SDE) who will work with an energetic development team to create highly scalable distributed services that expand the reach and functionality of the service. You will use data modeling and guided workflows to provide intuitive self-service functionality for employees and service operators. In this role, you will own solutions from design and execution through deployment and support, using the best of available AWS services. You will be responsible for holding code quality high, even as we optimize our development processes to better serve our customers. Most importantly, you should be happy and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where delivery of new products and features is very rapid.
You will own the design and delivery of a product suite, support and service delivery initiatives globally to build scale, efficiency, and a world class customer experiences. You will leverage your team to provide solutions that are highly usable, scalable, and extensible. You are responsible for hiring the top talent team of software developers and manage, retain and optimize the development team for efficiency, quality and repeatable delivery. This role sets a high bar for developers to aspire to, creates velocity through reusable processes and designs, optimizes for speed while ensuring quality outcomes.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about setting the standard for engineering excellence, building software solutions, have strong software development, systems and process design skills as well as outstanding project management abilities. The candidate should excel in both strategic thinking and tactical execution, as responsibilities range from creating technical plans to driving software development. You will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-functionally. A keen sense of ownership is a must. You should also be comfortable working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment with fast delivery time, rapid iteration, and data-driven decision-making. Ambiguity and creativity are both expected and the norm.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ years' experience building cloud services on AWS.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 2+ years' experience working in teams following Agile methodology
• 2+ years' experience working with Salesforce Applications.
• Hands-on experience with React.js, Node.js, AWS (S3, SQS, large-scale web services, and serverless applications (API Gateway, Lambda functions, Route53, CloudFront) is a great plus.
• Hands-on expertise across disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us