Software Dev Engineer
Want to build the best user experience for managing the Cloud? The AWS Management Console makes it easy to use Amazon Web Services from any web-enabled device, anywhere in the world. As a member of the AWS Console Platform team, you'll have an opportunity to build scalable services that enable compelling web UIs to delight customers. We have opportunities open at all levels and quite simply want the best and brightest individuals we can find.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Collaborating on new product definition and architecture
- Contributing code and ideas to the internal development community
- Creating prototypes and proof-of-concepts for iterative development
- Building and owning services used by internal and external customers for the AWS Management Console.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire innovators and offer them an environment where they can invent new, exciting solutions for our customers.
If you were looking for an opportunity to build complex, scalable, highly available systems and want the fun and feel of a start-up company, but the solid management and resources of a Fortune 100 company, you have found it!
Work hard, have fun, make history.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
- 6+ years professional software development experience
- 6+ years developing applications for web services or applications
- Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Solid system design and architecture experience.
- Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
- Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- Experience using Amazon Web Services desirable
- Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
- Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
- A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top