Are you interested in working for earth's most customer centric company? Are you excited about building high visibility, impactful, technical innovation from ground up that completely changes the experience for millions of Amazonians? Would you like the opportunity and freedom to build amazing, full-stack applications for your customers? The Amazonian Experience Technology (AET) team is looking for a highly-motivated, talented Software Development Engineer (SDE) to drive team's strategy and delivery of custom applications. Our team is highly collaborative, fast moving, and has a fun culture combined with engineering and DevOps mindset. As a member of the team, you will influence, our overall strategy by defining product features, designing system architecture, promoting best practices and developing the quality product. This is a high visibility team where you will get an enormous opportunity to build products that has a direct positive impact on all Amazonians lives every day.
Amazon is building the world's most customer-obsessed Immigration platform. Our new Immigration management system enables Amazonians to serve Amazonians - from offer to exit by integrating with other employee services tools. The new system manages and provides a 360-degree view of an employee's visa and work sponsorship journey from pre-hire to post hire stage. By offering a combination of self-service and automated modules, integrating with cross systems, it reduces administrative friction, cost, error, and overall immigration policy compliance risks faced by the employees and the company. Unlike other commercial off-the-shelf software, our custom Immigration Management System provides case management, self-service portal and immigration compliance assessment features that enables Amazon's increasing need and ability to hire talent globally.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Masters in Computer Science, or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ years' experience building cloud services on AWS.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• 2+ years' experience working in teams following Agile methodology
• 2+ years' experience working with Salesforce Applications.
• Hands-on experience with React.js, Node.js, AWS (S3, SQS, large-scale web services, and serverless applications (API Gateway, Lambda functions, Route53, CloudFront) is a great plus.
• Hands-on expertise across disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end software systems and all points in between.
• Experience communicating with users, software development engineering teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us