Passionate about conceptualizing, building and operating massively scalable systems? Looking forward to become the seed team member of a new initiative? If so, here is an opportunity tailored for you.
Who are we?
Amazon businesses continue to experience a rapid expansion into new markets and geographies. In order to continue to delight customers around the world, Amazon needed the ability to efficiently integrate with hundreds of external providers of all sizes to achieve the lowest fulfillment costs. Our Transportation Technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our shippers and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. We are at the heart of Amazon's worldwide operations. Amazon businesses and carriers are our customers. We are building a NEW carrier facing product to replace a multitude of manual processes and tools. Our mission is to hide the technical complexity behind simple user experiences that delight our customers. Our journey has just started and the possibilities are immense.
What will you do?
You will learn the skills that will enable you to design and maintain highly scalable and mission critical systems. You'll design and develop systems and applications used by Amazon worldwide and will regularly interact with engineering and business leadership. You will participate in the planning and execution of technology projects and operational excellence initiatives. You'll also mentor junior engineers in employing strong design and implementation practices.
To accomplish this, you will be expected to have an established background in building highly scalable systems and applications, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making that software achieve its operational goals. Experience with building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, will be very applicable and helpful.
• Bachelor or Master in computer science
• Solid professional experience in software development
• Advocate for solutions to technical challenges, articulating schedule/risk/quality trade-offs
• Collaborate across disciplines for positive, productive teamwork
• Demonstrated ability to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
• Participate in design and architecture sessions with other senior technical leads
• Produce quality, innovative, debuggable, testable and maintainable code
• Programming experience in Java and frameworks such as JEE/Spring/Hibernate.
• Advanced SQL knowledge.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly.
• Experience in communicating with business teams, other development teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Knowledge of AWS/Cloud technologies.