Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA), where "You sell it, we ship it", needs experienced and excited developers to solve complex challenges. Do you want to learn about every business and technical problem in our company? Do you want to transform the way sellers think about shipping their inventory to customers? Do you want to join a game-changing, strategic part of Amazon that is growing by leaps and bounds?
Our development team creates the interfaces and automation that allow thousands of sellers world-wide to run their businesses with Amazon's world-class fulfillment systems. With this innovative service, sellers send inventory directly to Amazon where it is stored and managed in our secure facilities. When orders are received, Amazon will professionally pick, pack and ship the product directly to their customers. As a result, FBA sellers can offer their customers fantastic benefits such as Prime, Super Saver Shipping and 24/7 Amazon customer service. We need your help to grow the business by building highly-available, scalable distributed systems that provide clean interfaces between sellers, customers and Amazon's supply chain software.
The Fulfillment by Amazon team is looking for a talented software development engineer to help implement important software that virtualizes Amazon.com's world class fulfillment and customer service capabilities. We are building highly available web services, reporting systems and merchant facing workflows. As a software development engineer you will work with multiple teams and talented engineers working on systems that are global in scope. As mentioned by Jeff Bezos, Founder and CEO of Amazon.com, in his annual letter to shareholders in 2006 and again in 2008, FBA is one of the strategic long term opportunities for the company to improve the lives of sellers and buyers while leveraging our billion dollar logistics infrastructure to generate increasing free cash flow.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, or Perl
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation