Software Dev Eng I - Toronto 2021 - Ads Serving and Measurement
- Toronto, Canada
Amazon is building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our team's mandate is to launch and accelerate the advertising business in categories that require a differentiated customer and advertiser experience. We own end-to-end the advertising experience including placements, creative, ad serving, advertiser experience, and marketing.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We are investing in a deep technical team to pursue a transformation opportunity. The successful candidate will build upon core program management successes and develop breadth across a range of problem domains.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 6+ months of professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Perl
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance, scalability, and availability
• Experience with UI frameworks such as Spring MVC, GWT, jQuery, Swing, etc.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services
• Coding skills in Java and/or C++ coupled with strong base in object-oriented design and development
• Experience in software development and full product life-cycles
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Back to top