Software Design Engineer
Since 1995 Amazon has innovated and revolutionized the way consumers shop online. But the way businesses shop has largely remained untouched, till now. With Amazon Business (AB) we intend to change this status-quo. It is Day 1 for us at Amazon Business and our mission is to bring the same innovation and customer obsession expected of Amazon as we build a new shopping experience for our business customers.
Amazon Business is comprised of Engineers, TPMs, Researchers, Designers and Product Managers, all tasked with a singular goal to create a world class and differentiated shopping experience for business customers. We have grown quickly with 4 development centers in Seattle, Austin, Madrid, Spain and Hyderabad, India.
It is a chance to get in on the ground floor as we build out features personalizing all aspects of business shopping based on the industry the business is in and the job function of the person shopping at Amazon. Many of these features do not exist for Amazon customers now and this is a chance to architect and build systems from ground up with little or no operational issues.
Our user experience research shows that Business customers shop differently from consumers. Our customer base ranges from mom-and-pop shops to mid-sized companies and enterprise customers. Our customers are employees of these businesses and buy specific products based on their job roles and they buy these products repeatedly. Additionally enterprise customers may want to restrict the products that their employees can buy on Amazon.com and may even have custom prices negotiated with suppliers. There are other elements associated with selling to businesses including the need to support purchase groups, invoices and integration with customer's purchasing systems.
You will be part of the Analytics team within Amazon Business, which is chartered to provide deep insights for our business customers . This team innovates by building large scale, real-time analytics of purchase patterns using big data technologies Kafka/Kinesis, Storm, Hadoop , HBase/DynamoDB and elastic machine learning. We collect, cleanse, classify and analyze purchase data with the purpose of decreasing procurement costs, improving efficiency, and monitoring compliance.
- At least 2 years of experience building successful production software systems and/or developing large scale web applications
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline required or 2+ years equivalent work experience
- Proficiency in developing software in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience in building scalable distributed systems
- Experience developing software in Linux/UNIX, and using web applications and frameworks and scripting languages
- Good communication and analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top