Amazon Web Services provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
We are seeking experienced Chip Architects to build the next generation of our cloud server platforms. Our success depends on our world-class infrastructure; we're handling massive scale and rapid integration of emergent technologies.
As a member of the Silicon Optimization Engineering team, you'll be responsible for the design and optimization of hardware in our data centers. You'll provide leadership in the application of new technologies to large scale deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience.
This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you'll work with thought-leaders in multiple technology areas. You'll have relentlessly high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, and you'll be constantly looking for ways to improve our products' performance, quality and cost.
We're changing an industry, and we want individuals who are ready for this challenge and want to reach beyond what is possible today.
• B.S. Computer Science or related technical field
• 8+ years of professional experience in software or computer engineering
• 4+ years of experience in chip architecture
• 2+ years of experience in ASIC implementation
• Proficiency in VLSI engineering techniques
• M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
• Experience with Verilog or SystemVerilog
• Experience with AXI/APB bus-protocols and data movement
• Experience with chip integration, including on-chip network and IO
• Experience with DDR, PCIe
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.