Do you see a clear path where others see roadblocks? Would you rather break the mould to do something right than settle for the status quo? What if you could use your creativity to change the direction of the entire transportation and delivery sector to raise the bar on customer experience!
Amazon is looking for a detail-oriented, people focused, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Senior Vendor Manager to join the Amazon Transportation Services (ATS) Fleet team and drive performance within our rapidly growing transportation network. As a Senior Vendor Manager on the Fleet team, you will lead a team of vendor managers responsible for monitoring and improving the performance of our repair and maintenance vendors across EU and the UK. The ideal candidate will have a track record of successful relationship management, be an effective leader and communicator, and have experience in setting out data-driven vendor performance strategies.
The position is based in London.
• Own vendor relationships and performance.
• Track existing or set up new metrics as required to validate vendor performance.
• Lead negotiations with the vendors setting new KPI's and service level agreements based on organizational requirements.
• Liaise with vendors in daily meetings to understand issues and barriers to meeting performance targets
• Develop and implement performance improvement plans, working cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders
• Actively identify new vendors and opportunities to ensure sufficient capacity coverage keeping pace with our network expansion.
• Report on performance in weekly and monthly forums with senior leadership.
• Hire, lead and develop a team of vendor managers setting measurable targets that align with the overall goals of the organization.
• Set out the strategic vision for fleet vendor management for the future years.
• Be an ambassador for Amazon to external companies.
• Build expertise in the understanding of logistics and transportation assets.
• • Bachelor's degree
• • Experience building relationships, negotiating, and influencing key stakeholders, internal and external partners to drive decisions
• • Professional experience as a Vendor manager, Account Manager, Operations Manager, or related occupation
• • Experience in leading and developing a high performing team.
• • Experience influencing and recommending solutions to meet deliverables
• • Experience in developing structural solutions to problems.
• • Experience with supply chain management and transportation concepts such as planning, scheduling, logistics, delivery performance, carrier performance
• • Academic focus in Engineering, Math, Business or Supply Chain.
• • Advanced Excel skills
• • Proficiency in SQL
• Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills; sound business judgment
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and proven ability to influence others and manage diverse stakeholder groups.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.