Snr Database Specialist Technical Account Manager (Consultant)
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners that use cloud computing web services to run new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
At AWS Enterprise Support we are looking for a Specialist Technical Account Manager (STAM) to support our customers across Asia-Pacific, Japan and China (APJC). You would be one of the founding members of a dynamic Asia-Pacific, Japan and China (APJC) team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations
The Specialist TAM will work hand-in-hand with Technical Account Managers, Solutions Architecture, Business Development, Professional Services and Sales. You will collaborate with our customers and partners on achieving operational excellence, post migrating their Database Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female / Minority / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
• Fluency in Japanese language and the ability to communicate in English (oral and written) both in business and technical context.
• Possession of both technical and customer-facing skills enabling perception as a "trusted advisor" to customers. Ability to effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
• 5+ years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment and/or technical sales experience in a business-critical, high-availability context.
• In depth experience with Database administration, Schema design, query tuning and troubleshooting on one or more of following: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle. Experience setting up and monitoring / alarming for production Database environments. Experience in Data Migration and Integration for the databases mentioned.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization and Security concept on premise and/or Cloud computing environment.
• Experience with "NoSQL Database" such as Mongo-DB, Cassandra etc
• Experience managing full application stacks from the Operating System up through Front End applications. Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Database.
• Experience in Data Warehouse & Business Intelligence/Analytics tools is an advantage but not essential
• Executive speaking and presentation skills - Formal presentations, white boarding, large and small group presentations.
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups. AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate/Professional highly desirable.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top