Snr Cloud Application Architect
- Warsaw, Poland
AWS Professional Services is a very unique organization. Our customers are most-advanced companies in the world. We build for them world-class, cloud-native IT solutions to solve their business problems and we help them get business outcomes with AWS . Our projects are unique and often one-of-a-kind solutions that no one ever has done before.
As an Application Architect / Senior Application Development Consultant in our Global Competency Center in Warsaw, you will architect, (re)design and build cloud-native, business-critical applications with our Customers. You will take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS platform. Your projects will focus on customer solutions built with API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, SQS, Kinesis and other AWS services. You will work across a range of areas including web and mobile applications, enterprise applications, HPC, IoT, Big Data, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning and engage with technical, IT and leadership teams of our customers.
As an Amazonian you will demonstrate the Amazon Leadership Principles, coaching and mentoring others on best practices, performance and career development.
Possible locations: Warszawa, Krakow, Gdansk, Wroclaw
• work with customers and partners, guiding them through planning, prioritization and delivery of complex IT transformation initiatives, while collaborating with relevant AWS Sales and Service Teams,
• (Re)design solutions to use cloud technologies and modern software development practices,
• invent and build solutions that solve complex problems, scale globally, guarantee performance, and enable breakthrough innovations,
• create and apply frameworks, methods, best practices and artifacts that will guide our Customers, publish and present them in large forums and across various media platforms,
• guide customers' technical architecture and investments, maximizing alignment with the AWS platform and ease of adoption,
• help customers define business outcomes, and deliver the subsequent projects and initiatives to consistently achieve these outcomes,
• teach fellow developers how to develop high-quality code, innovate using the latest technologies and development best practices.
• Several years of experience architecting, designing and building highly available, resilient, large-scale distributed systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and automated disaster recovery.
• Experience identifying relationships between IT services, information, applications, infrastructure and business outcomes.
• Experience with software engineering best practices (CI/CD, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, deployment, release and change management).
• Experience developing applications using one or more of modern programming languages such as: Python, Java, C++, C#, Ruby, Go, Rust, Java, Node.js, Swift, Scala.
• Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills in English.
• This is a customer-facing role. When appropriate and safe, you will be required to visit our main office (Warsaw) and to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
• Software / Solution Architect experience
• Experience with AWS platform (Architecting, designing and developing applications)
• Experience designing and building application using Container and serverless technologies
• Experience in full-stack application development.
• Experience collaborating in Agile teams.
• Experience and track record presenting at public events such as technology conferences, hackathons, etc.
• Track record of blogging, writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new technologies or application architecture and design.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top