Slovak payroll Specialist
Our multicultural Payroll team is seeking a Payroll Specialist in Slovakian payroll to join our Slovakia Payroll Operations Team.
We are looking for a strong leader that will take the ownership and drive the change in our growing payroll team.
This individual must an experienced Payroll Tax and/or Social Insurance professional , who leads and structures the internal tax control system for payroll related business transactions across Slovakia. This new role is an exciting opportunity on managerial level to manage internal-external Payroll Tax and Social Insurance Audits covering the region.
There is a great opportunity to develop, shape and install a systematic benefit tracking & control processes to ensure complete compliance.
If you would like to join us to make a difference by driving and participating in challenging projects and to make sure our employees are paid accurately and on time we definitely want to hear from you!
As our Slovak Payroll Tax Manager, you will be responsible to:
• Manage, initiate and liaise with tax providers
• Assist mobile employees in resolving tax matters related to their cross border or in-country assignment
• Manage post transfer tax activities in alignment with mobility workflow
• Provide a central point of coordination for all tax phases of assignment activities and deliver impeccable customer service
• Demonstrate knowledge/expertise in ongoing administration of expatriate and commuters tax services and ensures data integrity
• Work with tax provider to facilitate various tax services
• Shadow payrolls and year end payroll adjustments/reconciliation
• Annual tax returns for all eligible population
• Tax equalization calculation and tax reconciliations for eligible employees
• Monitor and facilitate collection or payment of all tax receivables and payables
• Support stakeholders for assignment tax and social security structuring
• Reviews payroll computations to ensure accuracy and compliance with tax regulations.
• Perform audits of payroll tax computation and compliance
• Cooperate and/or drive continuous improvement projects related to payroll tax processing
• Coordinate year end activities in cooperation with payroll provider
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2,000 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
• Expecting several years practical Slovak Payroll experience with demonstrated professional competence to manage Payroll Taxes and Social Insurance Audits, whilst acting as internal Payroll Tax consultant to business and HR
• Degree in business, economics or similar disciplines or education as Assistant Tax or Social Insurance Consultant
• Fluent in English
• Proofed competency in verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills and sound judgment
• Ability to travel attending local tax audits, self-organized, cope with tight time schedules and complex organizational international environment
• Good analytical skills and intermediate level Excel skills
• Positive attitude as well as the ability to balance multiple priorities
• Team player - excellent interpersonal skills but takes initiative and can also work independently
• Absolutely customer focused and focusing on employee support
• Passion to guide and execute tax compliant processes involving business stakeholders as needed.
• Deep knowledge of personal income tax legislation, labor law (labor code), insurance, sickness processing, Slovak pay calculation process
• Familiar with SAP, PeopleSoft, Workday, ADP software
Back to top