Site Operations Manager - Lombardy
- Flexible / Remote
At Amazon, we have a peculiar culture built on exploring into unknown and new frontiers. From selling books to creating the Kindle; from making films to launching faster delivery, Amazon reinvents normal.
Amazon cultivates a culture of innovation. If you're looking for an opportunity to be a part of a progressive, flexible and innovative work environment and are excited by the opportunity to build something new, we need unusually customer-focused, data driven and inventive people to help us.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and are creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us
ABOUT THE POSITION
As Delivery Station Site leader, you will lead a team comprising of Operations Managers, Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors and Operations Assistants.
Some of the things you'll get involved in are:
• Overseeing the delivery of Amazon orders
• Support operations leadership team in daily management, including allocating labour, guiding meetings, assigning job responsibilities, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
• Finding simple, smart and innovative ways to improve how we work for the benefit of our customers and on budget, and driving forward the implementation of that vision
• Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Achievement and Enhancing Customer Service
• Effectively managing relationships with driver suppliers and inspiring the workforce to achieve and exceed
• Thinking methodically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and solid organisational skills.
• Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to guide improvement
• Direct Management experience, comprising both a salaried workforce, hourly and agency strong workforce, in a logistics, manufacturing, engineering, production or distribution environment.
• Experience with planning, performance metrics, process improvement and lean techniques
• Experience with the full staffing life cycle, including interviewing, hiring, performance management, promotions and terminations.
• Strong analytical capability: Track record of digging into data and finding solutions for a variety of operational problems.
• Flexible approach to work: you commit the time required to get the job done properly, and you're willing, and able to carry out flexible schedules and shifts,
• Professional communications skills (including local language and English, written and verbal)
• Must have a degree level or equivalent qualification, ideally in Engineering, Operations or related logistics field.
• Experience managing contingent workforce in a business with peak seasons.
• Lean Manufacturing - Six Sigma Certification.
Nice to have:
• A good understanding of commercial vehicle operations.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
All permanent Amazon employees, whether working in Italian fulfillment centers or corporate offices, receive competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including private medical insurance from day one, life assurance, an employee discount on Amazon.it and a company pension plan.
There are other, more intangible rewards too, like a refreshing lack of hierarchy, the chance to work with some of the brightest minds of the industry, plenty of team spirit and an informal atmosphere - suits and ties are few and far between.
"Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our growth. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. See why diversity is important to us at amazon.com/diversity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us."
Back to top