- Paris, France
How often have you had an opportunity to be an early member of a team that is tasked with disrupting a trillion dollar industry?
Who we are:
We are Amazon's private label fresh prepared food team and we offer a curated selection of delicious fresh prepared food options that are primarily sold under the Amazon kitchen brand across multiple online and physical channels (Fresh, Whole Foods, Amazon Go, Go grocery) across US.
What is the role?
As a Site Controller, you are the finance lead for all-things finance for our food production operation. You will be the primary point of contact for the operations team that runs our food production and establish best practices in inventory controls, labor planning, month close accounting activity, and drive cost improvements projects. You will also influence our product development strategy and inform whether or not products being developed are operationally scalable. You will recommend practices and processes to ensure financial data integrity and compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable dealing with ambiguity, who can play an influential role in developing our longer term strategy while managing day-to-day operations, and work well across all levels of the organization to influence stakeholders. If you are someone that enjoys working autonomously and can influence decisions using data and your ability to earn trust with your business partners, this is a great opportunity.
• Build and maintain site accounting and financial reporting processes to measure site performance and make data-driven recommendations on improvements
• Recommend best-cost strategies based on data analysis and trends
• Partner with the operations team and manage all weekly and monthly financial activities, including forecasting, planning and reporting
• Partner with business and accounting teams on initiatives geared towards reducing manual processes and ensure best practices are adopted
• Conduct cost modeling and sensitivity analyses for new-to-market products
• Work with data source providers and technology teams, ensuring that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Design and document new processes and controls for current and growing business activities
• Participate in hiring interviews, as needed
• Schedule may require you to work flexible hours and could require occasional work on weekends or holidays
• The role may involve working in a climate controlled/chilled environment
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent
• Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and three years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system implementation/migration experience
• Experience in the food and beverage industry
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top