Shirt Area Manager
The Shirt Area Manager is responsible for successfully overseeing the production and distribution of Shirt orders. Primary responsibilities include the creation/maintenance of a positive work environment, development of Woot FC associate skills, compliance by all associates with company policies and procedures, dissemination of relevant company information to all associates, and achieving key performance measures. The Shirt Area Manager position includes the responsibility for direct supervision of FC associates and all aspects of Shirt product production (screen printing/Direct To Garment printing, etc.) in a manner that results in accuracy, timeliness and profitability without compromising company standards for quality. The Shirt Area Manager will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FCs provide to our customers and to exceed departmental safety, quality and productivity goals.
Key Job Elements:
- Lead and manage a team by training, developing, and coaching team members on a consistent basis
- Review production cost and product quality, and assist with developing and implementing plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and labor force to establish, maintain, and enhance profitable operation
- Supervise the performance of administrative duties (payroll, inventory, team member schedules, etc.)
- Monitor and ensure 100% compliance with quality control procedures
- Ensure the proper and safe installation and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure production execution achieves or exceeds performance expectations
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures. Communicate job expectations to all employees; plan, monitor, appraise, and review performance. Train new and current production staff on production procedures.
- Work with the Operations Manager to communicate manage assuring highest customer service and efficiency
- Keep and maintain production records accurately and consistently. Support any required reporting on productivity, production status, cost controls, quality measures, etc.
- Maintain supplies needed for all production areas and ensure validated cost expenditures.
- Responsible for implementing production safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees within the regulations of all OSHA, local, state and company regulations and policies.
- Troubleshoot problems through to resolution, escalating to manager as needed
- Perform other assignments as needed as directed by management
- A completed Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
- 2+ year of management/supervisory experience
- Flexible to work any/all shifts, schedules, hours and areas including weekends, nights and holidays as needed
- Commercial print environment experience preferred
- 5+ yrs exp. in a textile Print Production Management position
- Experience with Screen Press technology
- Experience with Direct to Garment print technology
- Experience managing across various employee levels, days, and shifts (preferably multi-shift)
- Must have Process improvement and workflow analysis experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and decision making skills
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management procedures and Inventory Control
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly
- Ability to work with people in fast paced environment as well as ability to work independently
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Exemplary attendance and punctuality record
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top