Services Engineer - The Lord of the Rings
- Edison, NJ
We are building a game that is "super social": the presence of other players is always seen & felt, and it is always optimal to play with others. Your work will make this critical goal possible.
In this role you will design and implement the architecture of our service layer, making smart choices about what we build and what we can re-use from AWS or other Amazon games. You will build services such as identity, matchmaking, persistence, trade and more. Your work will set the standard for a reliable, secure, and liveops-friendly online game that other server and devops engineers can build upon. You will also face the challenge of live game feature development where delighting customers is a constant occupation.
What you'll do:
• Design the services layer for The Lord of the Rings
• Enable "super social" gameplay by inventing social backend services or adopting existing ones
• Work with other leads to steer game design and service design towards a happy union
• Leverage AWS-based solutions to solve the needs of the game development, publishing, customer service, and live-ops teams
• Build tools to monitor and manage live services
• Influence a growing team of server and dev-ops engineers working in your framework
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences and are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We offer ten employee-led affinity groups with 190 global chapters, innovative benefits, and annual and ongoing learning experiences (including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences). Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance and offers flexible working hours. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. Additionally, our team is dedicated to supporting you with mentorship and pathways for ongoing development. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and are building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and promotes career choice.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in building micro-services for games
• 5 + years experience with highly available Sql and NoSql databases
• 1+ shipped AAA networked game titles or equivalent work e.g. live product development
• A passion for video games
• Experience with AWS or similar technologies
• Familiarity with Amazon GameLift and Twitch APIs, or equivalent.
• A good understanding of Windows or Linux network stacks
• Strong communication skills across different teams and technical backgrounds
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top