The Free Search team at Amazon has end-to-end responsibility for one of the largest managed marketing channels in the world. Our team optimizes Amazon.com and international websites to help customers find our products when using Search engines . We develop world leading proprietary technology including an experimentation system for measuring and driving SEO changes.
We are seeking an experienced, data driven and customer oriented Search Engine Optimization professional, capable of driving commercial success at scale for some of Amazon's most important US categories (Apparel, Shoes, Jewelry, Luggage, Watches, and Designer Apparel). The successful candidate will be responsible for leading experiments, scaling out successful efforts, and communicating overall channel performance to key stakeholders. You will work on multiple projects at once, manage and report day-to-day performance of the sites, run campaigns, and educate and advise multiple stakeholders.
You will report to the Head of SEO Marketing at Amazon and will work closely with two engineering teams as well as leverage our team's international expertise to succeed. The successful candidate will have a combination of technical SEO skills as well as tactical SEO experience. In your role, you will have Business Analyst, SEO, Engineering and Merchandising support to help you succeed.
Key responsibilities for the Amazon.com SEO manager:
- Lead, execute and project manage a range of initiatives from meta data experiments to architectural site-changes, working closely with technical and merchandising teams.
- Create and execute a roadmap of initiatives to drive growth in your areas of ownership
- Understand, improve and communicate day to day business performance
- Run experiments and prove the value of your ideas and help to scale them
- Dive into issues and incidents as they occur, help resolve or escalate them and drive them to resolution
- Carry out performance investigations
- Educate and train retail partners who can help you achieve your goals
- Stay abreast of updates in search engine algorithms, competitive landscape and the industry to develop winning strategies
- 3+ years' experience in eCommerce, online marketing or related fields.
- Solid data analysis skills and ability to identify actionable insights from large datasets
- Proven track record assuming ownership, moving quickly to implement ideas, and delivering results and in a fast-paced online environment.
- Ability to drive clear, thoughtful, and comprehensive analyses of marketing programs
- Proven ability to work closely with technical (software development) teams.
- Proven track record in managing SEO projects from inception to completion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Enterprise SEO
- Proven data driven approach to solving complex problems
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top