Sensor Validation Engineer
- Essen, Germany
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As part of a project team you will work alongside Senior Sensor, Mechanical and Electrical Engineers; driving the validation and optimization of sensors in products. You will be involved in projects from concept through production, gaining exposure to the complete design lifecycle. You will also support engineering builds gaining experience with high volume manufacturing.
• Validate and optimize sensor configurations.
• Generate characterization plans and reports.
• Develop automated environment (Labview, HPVEE).
• Test and validate fixture designs.
Lab126 is a part of Amazon.com Inc, group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity Employer- Affirmative Action Employer- Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual orientation.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 8+ years' experience as a validation engineer with majority focus on .
• Depth in technology (, Environmental sensing) characterization.
• Breadth in technology (Inertial, Chemical, Biological, ) characterization.
• Experience with statistical data analysis and (Matlab or ).
• Experience with DFx of fixtures, familiar with interfacing and automating .
• Familiarity with electrical//mechanical testing equipment such as power meters, inclinometer, goniometers, linear/rotation stages etc.
• Hands-on prototyping and laboratory testing experience.
• Excellent technical document writing skills using Visio, Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint.
• Experience with Revision /Document .
• Experience with platforms such as Linux/Unix and Windows.
• Master's degree preferred
• Consumer Industry Experience.
• Depth and Breadth in technology characterization
• Excellent technical document writing skills using Visio, Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top