- Westborough, MA
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
As a Sensors Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. You will work closely with an internal inter-disciplinary team, and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution and test. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment. In this role, you will:
• Design world class hardware, and, if applicable, software/firmware.
• Interact with cross functional engineering teams across the company.
• Dive into and take ownership for critical design issues.
• Participate in design reviews.
• Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability.
• Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products.
• up to 20% travel
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
• Breadth in sensor technologies (Optical, Inertial, Chemical, Biological, Acoustic)
• Depth in sensor fields such as Optical/MEMS/Chemical
• 5+ years' experience as a hardware/sensor engineer on consumer electronics product development
• Experience with physical characterization of sensors and familiarity with electrical/optical/mechanical testing equipment
• System level integration experience
• DFx (Design for cost, test, manufacturing) experience
• Experience with quantitative, statistical data analysis SW (MatLab, Python, LabView)
• Manufacturing site support experience
• Experience with schematic capture with tool sets such as OrCAD
• Experience with PCB layout overseeing using Allegro
• Experience with technical document writing using Visio, Word, Excel, and/or PowerPoint
• Experience with platforms such as Linux/Unix and Windows
• Master's degree preferred.
• Programming expertise (Python/Matlab/C).
• Experience deriving sensor specifications from customer feature requirements.
• Experience working as a Technical Lead.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
Back to top