Senior Workforce Staffing Manager - AMXL - Multiple locations available
- Vancouver, Canada
Please note, this role can be located in multiple locations across Germany
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one.
A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon. At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers.
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds. - This is your chance to make history.
The Senior Workforce Staffing Manager AMXL will build up, grow, and support Amazon's transportation and logistics teams' business needs for temporary hourly paid support, working in partnership with external staffing providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Cross-site functional and disciplinary lead of the AMXL Staffing Team in EU
• Build up and scale the AMXL staffing network across the EU
• Create an effective team, engage, and spur it to high-performance
• Stakeholder management on a multinational level (Operations, HR, Finance, Legal, PR, Training, Health and Safety, Temp Agencies). Establish and help to maintain agency working relationships across all parties and all sites. Monitor consistency with Employee Relations issues and decisions.
• Project labor management and vendor management to ensure that the network is supplied with sufficient quality temporary labor when required. Monitor and ensure staffing agencies meet agreed service level agreements, follow up if required. Be responsible for production of metrics relating to temporary staffing and the contingent workforce.
• Work on long-term initiatives to improve the efficiency, processes, and day-to-day WFS operations
• Understand and involve in the Labor Planning Process. Ensure the planning team is kept up to date with current labor supply, highlighting any concerns in a timely manner.
• Co-ordinate regular meetings between agencies across EU and Amazon to drive best practice across the sites, and to address any concerns. Audit agencies regularly on quality of assessment and recruitment processes. Increase audits as appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a University degree, ideally in HR, Communications, Logistics, Industrial Relations, Organizational Management or a related field.
• Be fluent in English and German
• Have a strategic and entrepreneurial mind-set that thrives in a sometimes ambiguous environment
• Have relevant work experience in operations, operations, or similar at a leadership level, with the potential to develop their career into other key leadership roles.
• Possess excellent communication skills with internal and external parties along with the ability to mediate between large groups of suppliers.
• Have the ability to facilitate between parties resulting from issues which could be process or people based.
• Possess strong people management and leadership skills.
• Demonstrate a high level of ownership for effectively managing the team reporting into this position, for the results delivered, and for satisfying the internal customers.
• Show attention to detail while multi-tasking in a target driven and fast paced organization
• Identify root causes to a problem and be able to define follow-up actions
• Possess the ability to think on feet and react to a wide range of issues which may or may not have a direct impact on operations.
• Have the ability to produce detailed reports from large amounts of data.
• Be able to demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical capability.
• Thrive on change, be inclined to operate with flexibility and ready to work flexible hours.
• Have a work permit for the EU.
The successful candidate, ideally, will also be/have:
• An innovative business and operations focused thought leader.
• A bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and process improvement.
• A strong analytical acumen, with a strong focus on operational and procedural excellence.
• An enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment.
• A results-driven work-ethic, comfortable with high volume workload.
• Some understanding of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies.
• A good command of Excel and affinity to IT tools/basic programing.
• A strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands challenging deliverables.
About our rewards
We'll expect you to go the extra mile, but we'll also make sure you're well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organization offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Amazon.com, a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, Washington, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth's Biggest Selection. Since Jeff Bezos started Amazon.com, we have significantly expanded our product offerings, international sites, and worldwide network of fulfilment and customer service centres. Today, Amazon.com offers everything from books and electronics to tennis rackets and diamond jewellery. We operate sites in the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Japan, Canada, Italy, and China (Joyo.com) and maintain over 80 fulfilment centres around the world which encompass more than 26 million square feet. If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, you'll meet your match with us, as you will be part of a vibe of constant improvement, where the things you do at one moment, you will not necessarily be doing 6 months later. We don't like to sit still, which is why we always treat every day like the first day. A day to make more good things happen for our customers. It's that kind of spirit that drives our success now and keeps us ahead of the competition in the future. And you could be part of it. It's as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
Sound interesting? We look for your application!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Back to top