Senior Visual Designer
The Lab126 team is seeking a talented, customer-obsessed, Senior Visual Designer to help lead Visual Design for hardware projects. The ideal candidate will have a strong background of leading and growing designers, driving creative design efforts, while also staying connected to the details and being able to deliver results on a day-to-day basis.
Your primary focus will be to oversee and lead the design concept, and develop visually compelling and beautiful user interfaces. You will work closely with the Industrial Design and Product Management teams to create and bring ideas to life that help drive new hardware experiences for Amazon, while growing a team of designers with the goal to constantly push creative boundaries and create truly impactful experiences for our customers.
- Lead the design of beautiful and engaging user interfaces in support of hardware initiatives
- Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Create world-class customer experiences and beautiful visuals that support and reinforce Amazon's vision, brand, and business objectives across all platforms
- Create style guides and design pattern libraries in support of our brand, cross-platform experiences and merchandising
- Build, develop and maintain a set of best practices and operational guidelines to reduce and minimize production efforts while maintaining and challenging the beauty bar
- Inspire the design team by producing, leading and integrating effective & efficient design practices
- 7+ years of experience as a visual designer and/or art director
- Experience designing for web and mobile
- Bachelor degree in design or equivalent professional experience required
- Online portfolio or design samples demonstrating visual design skills and experience relevant to the role.
- Knowledge of typographic principles and design
- Knowledge of design and brand principles
- Experience in a variety of design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Sketch
- Team player with refined and assertive leadership skills and ability to positively influence change through inspirational design, solid rationale, supporting data and diplomacy
- Experience working with technical teams to deliver high quality designs
- Knowledge of information architecture, usability, UI and UX Design
- Illustration, prototyping and/or multimedia skills
- Ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from Industrial Design and Product Management
- Familiarity with the technical considerations needed when designing for hardware experiences
- Brand and identity development
- Samples that include user interfaces, iconography, and illustration.
- Experience with motion design and illustration a plus
- Experience with 3D a plus
Please include a digital portfolio with your resume.
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top