Senior Vendor Manager - Office Products
Amazon.com is looking for a talented, driven and experienced Senior Vendor Manager for the Office Products team. The successful candidate will be responsible for selection expansion including identifying potential brand and product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, managing vendor setup and new item setup processes, working with suppliers to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, driving sales and margin improvements. This position will also be responsible for managing a small team. The candidate should have experience analyzing new business opportunities, building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. They will work with vendors of all sizes – and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of these organizations. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth. In addition, the Manager Vendor Management must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon internal groups such as in-stock management, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and retail systems.
The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management. Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts. The Senior Vendor Manager is an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
- Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in buying/planning, operations, business analysis, or finance.
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. Detail oriented.
- Experience in presenting to Senior management.
- Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools.
- Experience negotiating and closing complex business deals.
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; strong writing and speaking skills
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Proven analytical skills
- MBA preferred
- e-Commerce experience
- Experience in the retail sector
- Knowledge and/or previous experience within the industry
- Track record of improving free cash flow and automating processes.
- SQL experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top