Senior Vendor Manager New Business
- Munich, Germany
Amazon, one of the world's leaders in e-commerce, is expanding its Retail business and looking for a smart and dedicated Senior Vendor Manager, RVR (f/m/d) based in Munich to facilitate new partnerships with vendors aiming at integrating their product portfolio into Amazon European websites. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment you will need to engage in projects that will drive business growth and help shape the future of Amazon Retail in EU. We expect that you can work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically, and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals.
What is the role?
Your objectives will be to help building the best possible selection for our customers with the development of partnerships with new vendors. Your job will consist of prospecting, assessing, reaching out to and integrating strategic local and international vendors for Amazon. In your day-to-day job, you will be faced with numerous challenges such as:
• Identify, prospect and reach out to new vendors, analyze their potential for Amazon. You will lead first steps, by cold-calling potential partners or attending commercial events and trade fairs, and confidently explaining advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon
• Be a business consultant to new vendors and provide insights and advice for them, being able to deal with different business profiles and sectors. Help new vendors to integrate their catalogue data into Amazon platform, master Amazon's internal tools and train vendors on how to use these tools
• You focus on strategic hold-out vendors or complex new vendors to increase selection.
• Drive strategic negotiations to deliver top- and bottom-line RVR growth.
• Act as escalation point, helping the RVR team and vendor(s) resolve conflicts.
• Demonstrate confidence and solid business understanding to influence peers and senior management.
• Develop and share CEO-level negotiation best practices and tactics for large and challenging vendors.
For this position, we expect:
• University degree required ideally in an analytical discipline, e.g. business or engineering, ideally MBA
• German and English language (fluent for business negotiations)
• Multiple years of Vendor Management and buyer experience, ideally in an e-commerce, retail, key account management or consulting environment
• Demonstrated track record of success in sales and negotiation in management consulting, account management, or retail buying/selling roles
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of people at all decision-making levels up to and including senior leaders
• Passionate self-starter with the ability to move with speed to implement ideas
• Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
Further qualifications would be a plus:
• Working knowledge of additional languages.
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
Are you interested? We look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your online application including your CV and covering letter in English.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation or any other assistance, please let the recruiting team know and they will support you with the necessary actions throughout the interview process.
Did you know that Amazon is offering various jobs in part-time? If you want to apply, please filter for "part-time" in the job type search section on amazon.jobs.
Back to top