Senior Vendor Manager, Music
Amazon.com is looking for a driven, strategic, customer-centric business leader with a passion for the Music industry to join our team as Senior Vendor Manager. The candidate will be responsible for managing our relationships with label and distribution partners along with owning key strategic projects, process improvements, and organizational change initiatives. There is also opportunity to drive big picture global negotiation strategy, customer acquisition campaigns, brand partnerships, and our vinyl growth strategy. The role encompasses P&L responsibility, negotiations, marketing and promotions planning, and supply chain management. Success will be measured by improvements in vendor terms and profitability across Amazon Music, operational performance, automation, and customer acquisition and engagement.
The Physical Music industry is at a crossroads and this individual will have a unique opportunity to shape our long term retail strategy as well as partner with Amazon Digital Music to drive consumption across all music formats. The ideal candidate will be analytical, data-driven, a strong owner and influencer, and someone who can think beyond the way things have always been done. He or she will have proven experience delivering results both within and outside his/her organization.
- Manage full financial P&L of their vendors
- Develop and lead strategy for global vendor negotiations
- Develop and lead our vinyl growth strategy
- Collaborate cross-functionally with your Digital Music counterpart to manage vendor and evaluate trade-offs across GLs
- Represent Amazon when meeting with senior executive teams from top vendors and build long term strategic relationships
- Develop and lead weekly, monthly, and annual business reviews.
- Manage the key business inputs of selection, price, and promotion to achieve our sales and margin targets
- Passionately advocate for the customer and category within Amazon.
- Integrate strong and clear analysis and business rationale into sound decision making.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and partner relationships
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in business development, vendor management and/or consulting with a proven history of delivering results
- 2+ years negotiation experience
- MBA preferred and/or 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired
- Understanding of retail metrics including financials
- Experience in new business models
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, and presenting Strong analytical skills and excellent business judgment
- Ambitious self-starter with demonstrated ability and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
- Entrepreneurial spirit with track record of delivering measurable results in fast-moving environments
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, innovative, and rapidly evolving industry and business organization
- Understanding and experience with building category plans and variance +/- vs. plan
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top