Senior Vendor Manager - Luggage & Eyewear
- Seattle, WA
Amazon is looking for a smart, team-oriented, highly analytical leader to join the Amazon Fashion team - one of the fastest growing retail businesses at Amazon.com.
The Sr. Vendor Manager will be responsible for developing and owning the strategy for a category within Luggage & Eyewear and contribute to a high performing vendor management team. Within this role the individual will have the opportunity to set strategy for driving growth, establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships, manage category profitability, and identify means to improve the customer experience. We are seeking a seasoned business leader with a broad skill set which demonstrates analytical horsepower, excellent business judgment, strong vendor management and negotiations skills, deep curiosity to uncover how things work, and a passion for creating a world class shopping experience for our customers. You will work with vendors of all sizes and must have the leadership presence and communication skills to represent Amazon at all levels of these organizations. Experience in business analytics, strategic thinking, negotiations and operations are required.
In addition, this position is expected to provide leadership beyond your respective category - driving systems, process, and customer experience improvements that will benefit all categories at Amazon.com.
• Bachelor's degree
• 5-7 years of relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven track record of delivering results
• 5+ years' experience in negotiations and vendor management
• 5+ years' experience hiring and managing a team
• Masters in business
• Track record of results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
• Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• Experience successfully coaching and developing others
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top