In 2015, Amazon announced the launch of Amazon Business, a new marketplace on Amazon.com that combines the selection, convenience and value customers have come to know and love from Amazon, with new features and unique benefits tailored to businesses. Amazon Business has grown significantly, surpassing $10B in sales and attracting millions of business customers. The Business, Industrial and Scientific Supplies (BISS) organization, a key component of the Amazon Business ecosystem, is looking for a self-driven Senior Vendor Manager (SVM) for strategic management of our Power Transmission and building out new Internet-of-Things (IOT) category.
The SVM will work with strategic vendors to drive growth and will own all aspects of their business. They will analyze data to identify key brands to target, initiate long term relationships with brands' senior management, resolve any operational, logistical or business issues, lead negotiations on Amazon's behalf and once signed, help the brands onboard and grow with Amazon.
Ideal candidates should have experience in building strong relationships, driving significant top and bottom line results, and be comfortable managing multiple responsibilities within a fast-paced environment. The candidate must also possess strong analytical acumen and be comfortable drawing metric-based conclusions by managing an extensive amount of data. The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth, while also improving our customer experience. In addition, the SVM must be an effective leader and communicator in working with their cross-functional counterparts in finance, marketing, operations, sales, compliance and legal.
• Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired
• Experience in supply chain, buying/planning, inventory management, finance, vendor and/or project management
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with strong attention to detail in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to manage large and complicated projects with experience leading cross-functional projects and teams, driving results
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Experience with business analysis and proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel
• MBA with relevant business experience
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results self-starter and self-directed
• Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• Relevant senior level experience in retail, operations, and/or business management with a proven history of delivering results
• Experience in negotiations, pricing, marketing & promotion, inventory management, and margin management
• Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Proven experience leading teams, influencing stakeholders and managing cross-functional projects
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Experience with Internet of things (IIoT) solutions in industries such as manufacturing, smart utilities, smart agriculture, remote patient monitoring etc.
• Proficiency in SQL