Amazon is looking for a driven, customer focused, team-oriented, and analytical leader to join the Home team. The Senior Vendor Manager will be responsible for the total P&L of their product category within the Home space, setting the strategy for driving growth, creating strong partnerships with vendors, adding selection, managing category profitability, optimizing pricing, and delivering a disruptive customer experience. This includes identifying potential brand and product business opportunities, building direct relationships with key suppliers, negotiating contracts, terms & conditions, managing vendor setup and new item setup processes, working with suppliers to build comprehensive selection, setting prices, developing collaborative marketing and promotions, driving sales and margin improvements.
The right candidate stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both a tactical and strategic level to drive selection, sales, and margin growth. In addition, the Senior Vendor Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with Amazon.com partners and vendors, as well as with internal groups such as control buying, site merchandising, marketing, PR, finance, operations, and retail systems.
The ideal candidate has strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management. Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts. The Senior Vendor Manager is an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
• Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired
• Buying/planning, operations, or finance background
• Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor management experience
• Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
• Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• MBA preferred
• Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Candidate must have a passion for, and track record of: effective negotiation, improving free cash flow, and automating processes.
• Experience in presenting to Senior management
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results self-starter and self-directed
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects prioritization, planning and task delegation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.