Senior Vendor Manager
- Irvine, CA
Amazon is looking for a driven, experienced, and innovative individual for the Toys & Games business.
The Senior Vendor Management will be responsible for managing a dynamic business within the broader Toys & Games category. Our mission is to create and grow a world-class shopping experience for all customers in the Toys space. Amazon partners with some of the largest and most influential Toy manufacturers and Entertainment leaders in the world and this role will lead many of these partnerships.
Within this role, the individual will set category strategy, establish and maintain strong vendor partnerships and manage the category P&L. In addition, the person in this position will be expected to contribute to customer experience and process improvements.
The successful Senior Vendor Manager must be able to:
• Define a strategy for the business and carry out meaningful action steps
• Understand drivers and opportunities of the category P&L
• Manage relationships with vendors
• Contribute to best practices and processes which can be replicated across categories
• Communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
• Develop and lead strategy for their vendor negotiations
• Bachelor's degree
• Superior analytical skills and willingness to roll up sleeves to get it done
• Highly polished communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
• 6+ years experience in related field
• Proficient with Excel and Word
• MBA preferred
• Track record of results, setting strategy, and running a large volume and high profile business
• Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
• High threshold for working and thriving in an ambiguous, fast paced environment - figuring it out and adapting as you go
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
Back to top