Senior Vendor Manager
- Munich, Germany
Senior Retail Vendor Manager
Amazon is looking for Retail Category and Account Management professionals for categories on Amazon´s e-commerce retail site amazon.de. With proven experience of driving selection growth within a category or categories, you could work with Kitchen and Sports products, mother and baby, gardening equipment, white goods, fashion and anything in between. You will have the ability to manage multiple new and existing vendors, increasing value for Amazon customers across the huge range of retail categories on the German site. To be successful, you will have the proven ability to drive top and bottom line profit, expanding business by initiating new vendor relationships, negotiating contracts, developing promotions and monitoring industry trends. You will need strong communication and business acumen, acute analytical skills and the demonstrated ability to use creative thinking and innovation to solve complex and challenging problems. In return you will be able to join a team that is building the future of online retail.
• University degree in an analytical discipline, e.g. business or engineering.
• Vendor Management or buyer experience at a senior level in an e-commerce, retail, key account management or consulting environment
• English language skills
• Relationship management experience, finding creative solutions in negotiations to facilitate discussions and drive profitable growth
• Experience working with merchandising, Instock, supply chain and product management teams to align all efforts and deliver results.
• Ability to turn in-depth analysis into strategic insight, and turn them into action
• Proven ability to seek out ways to automate and simplify manual processes in order to improve productivity
• MBA is preferred
• German skills are a plus, but not must-have
• Experience in Retail/FMCG/E-commerce is a plus
• Cross functional experience, especially finance, marketing or supply chain.
• Excellent knowledge of Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top