Senior Vendor Manager
- London, United Kingdom
Ever since Amazon opened its virtual doors, our aim has been to become the most customer-centric company in the world. How? By having people like you who make sure that our customers can find everything that they are looking for online - at great value and convenience. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continuously innovating to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
The Senior Vendor Manager (SVM) position is for a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with proven analytical capabilities and project management skills, great attention to detail, and the ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task and a proven record of driving category growth.
The SVM is an effective innovator and communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and commitment.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Act as the 'business owner' for assigned vendors/categories, possessing a complete understanding of the strategic context of internal and external variables that impact your business. This entails owning forecasting, monitoring, reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotional strategy to achieve business goals.
• Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
• Lead effective negotiations with vendors to establish joint goals, improve cost structure, and sustainably grow the P&L
• As an innovator within the company, you will influence the design of your category, as well as develop new product groups and improve the customer experience to deliver further growth
• Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
• Work cross-functionally with counterparts across in-stock management, marketing, finance, Amazon programs, and retail systems to operate and grow the business
• Concisely represent your business to senior Amazon leaders through reporting, business reviews, financial planning sessions, and escalations
• Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
• Continually improve and automate manual processes to enable you and your team to scale better as the business grows
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in an e-commerce, retail, key account management/consulting environment with a proven track record of delivering results
• Professional experience negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
• Experience with data analysis and P&L ownership
• Fluency in English both written and verbal
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Engineering or Management
• MBA preferred
• Negotiations, analytical, vendor and/or project management experience
• Proficiency with Excel and database work, with experience in SQL as a plus
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Back to top