Senior Vendor Manager
Professional Beauty is a destination for Fragrance, Hair Care, Cosmetics, Skin Care, and Tools found in professional channels. It is a strategic new business within Consumables with high-growth, high-margin, and a high-powered team focused on delivering a best-in-class customer experience. This position will need an individual that is strategic, a thought leader, and develops and motivates a team.
We expect the Senior Vendor Manager to be a passionate customer and category advocate within Amazon, with ability to negotiate complex business terms, develop and manage relationships, drive results and demonstrate competency with business and financial analytics. The Senior Vendor Manager must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon's most important partners, as well as with internal cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail, a high level of flexibility and commitment and a deep curiosity about how things work. He/She is interested in creating a world-class shopping experience, stays on top of industry and competitive trends, and is able to execute at both tactical and strategic levels to achieve long-term growth.
The successful SVM will be able to:
- Manage day to day vendor relationship, and proactively and autonomously negotiates costs, promotional opportunities, and other business inputs.
- Act as the P&L and category owner possessing a thorough understanding of internal and external variables that impact the business. This entails owning key work streams intended to drive both topline and bottom line growth behind tackling various P&L line items.
- Help identify, sign and on-board new vendors to build out product selection.
- Proactively and autonomously negotiate costs, promotional opportunities, and other business inputs.
- Conduct pricing and ROI analysis and makes recommendations for initiatives that optimize profit margin.
- Use data to identify trends, opportunities and risks and translate those insights into actions to drive long-term growth.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of professional experience in retail, consulting, investment banking, or business management
- Professional experience in negotiating with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think and react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Excel and extracting data through varied reporting tools in order to drive and influence business decisions
- Relevant experience in retail, operations or e-commerce.
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects
- Experience in vendor negotiations, pricing and promotion, inventory management, and product development
- Strong communication skills - speaking, writing, presenting and negotiating
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- A willingness to roll up sleeves to get things done
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top