Senior VAT Analyst EMEA
- Herndon, VA
Amazon is seeking a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst to join the EMEA Tax Department based in London or in Luxembourg to support the Amazon Web Services ("AWS") cloud computing business, focusing on VAT advisory.
AWS offers a broad set of global cloud-based products including compute, storage, databases, analytics, networking, mobile, developer tools, management tools, Internet of Things, security and enterprise applications. These services help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. AWS is trusted by the largest enterprises and the hottest start-ups to power a wide variety of workloads including: web and mobile applications, game development, data processing and warehousing, storage, archive, and many others. AWS' product page can be found here: https://aws.amazon.com/products/?nc2=h_ql_p.
In addition, AWS offers a variety of support services to help customers in deploying AWS services, as well as a comprehensive training and certification program. Finally, AWS also offers a Marketplace, enabling customers to locate, buy and immediately use digital products sold by third parties.
The ideal candidate will be able to work with a high level of collegiality and independence, supporting AWS as it expands in EMEA and an increasing number of countries introduce legislation to bring within the scope of VAT supplies of "Electronically Supplied Services" or "Digital Services" rendered by non-residents.
Advising the AWS business will allow the candidate to be exposed to many jurisdictions in EMEA, as well as a variety of topics, including ESS, telecommunications, training, movements of goods, due diligence relating to acquisitions, launch of new products, etc. There will also be scope for dealing with local tax authorities through "horizontal monitoring" relationships and ad-hoc enquiries.
• Bachelor's degree or alternative relevant business qualifications (eg Chartered Tax Adviser, ACCA, CIMA, etc.)
• Minimum 3 years' experience in indirect tax, preferably in the EU (experience gained in advisory, rather than compliance)
• Experience gained working in a business involved in multinational activities (ie not just domestic) within an indirect tax function; or a legal or accountancy firm; or tax authorities with exposure to multinational taxpayers / cross-border transactions.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand processes and systems
• Excellent knowledge of VAT legislation in at least 1 EU country
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and manage changing priorities
• Quick learner with a positive ''can do'' attitude and solid professionalism
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
• Ability to work independently with limited general supervision, effectively prioritizing competing demands in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive and well organized
• Bonuses: 1) Understanding of SAP, Oracle or other similar Accounting / ERP system; 2) Professional tax, accounting or legal qualification; 3) Second language
Back to top