Senior VAT Analyst
Senior VAT Analyst
Amazon is seeking a VAT Compliance Tax Analyst to work in its VAT Compliance and Controllership team in Bratislava, Slovakia. The Amazon Tax Department is a fast-paced, team-focused, and dynamic environment. This position will be responsible (as part of a larger team) for the preparation and submission of EMEA VAT returns and related filings. This position may also assist in the provision of data to tax authorities and other VAT compliance actions relating to third party sellers.
Working within the current EMEA VAT Compliance team, the VAT Tax Analyst will:
• Prepare, analyse and submit European VAT returns and related filings;
• Prepare, analyse and submit Intrastat returns as necessary;
• Assist with VAT registrations across various jurisdictions;
• Assist with VAT compliance queries from Amazon businesses operating across Europe;
• Assist in the mapping of VAT processes, and identify areas for improvement and solutions for VAT issues;
• Prepare and review month-end VAT account reconciliations;
• Provide internal and external audit support, including data analysis;
• Provide VAT compliance support to colleagues throughout the business and, in particular, accounting groups;
• Participate in cross-functional projects.
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 2191 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development.
Bachelor's degree in tax, accounting, finance, or related field
• 4-6 years of experience of working in VAT advisory or VAT compliance function having a good VAT knowledge;
- Business fluent in English
• A recognised accounting or tax qualification (CIMA ,ACCA, ACA, AAT or similar);
• Experience of advisory or compliance function in EMEA jurisdictions
• Organised, analytical and methodical with attention to detail;
• Advanced in MS Excel;
• Able to take ownership of work, implement change, and demonstrate a problem solving approach;
• Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Collaborate team player who is comfortable with a fast paced and dynamic environment
Back to top