Senior UX Visual Designer, Marketplace Platform
Over two million third party sellers from nine countries run a wide variety of businesses through the Amazon Marketplace platform, making it one of the biggest drivers of entrepreneurship anywhere in the world. Amazon's Marketplace Experience Design team is looking for a Senior UX Visual Designer to lead the creation of a comprehensive visual framework for the Marketplace platform. You will work with our Detroit based platform team to define interaction patterns, control styles, and data visualization as well as working with our Marketing team to define the Marketplace visual brand. The ideal candidate for this position will be customer-obsessed, detail-oriented and comfortable working on highly technical teams as well as able to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. This role will also require frequent travel to our Seattle headquarters to work with the core Marketplace Experience Design Team.
As a Senior UX Visual Designer for Marketplace Platform your responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to help define business and feature requirements, user scenarios and use cases.
- Relentlessly simplify and distill complex business processes into intuitive and elegant experiences.
- Define a comprehensive visual system including typography, color, layout, and motion.
- Contribute to the development and communication of design guidelines and patterns, with focus on providing a consistent and intuitive experience across the Seller Central product portfolio.
- Provide design leadership to technical teams by fostering a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, business and technology through on-going application reviews.
- Be resourceful and creative to overcome obstacles and turn challenges into opportunities.
- Online portfolio
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in graphic / visual design for branding and UI
- Experience managing multiple projects
- Experience with appropriate design tools
- Bachelor's degree in design or equivalent professional experience
- Experience and fluency with design systems and pattern libraries
- Experience working in iterative design cycles and collaborating closely with development teams
- Experience designing mobile web, and/or on-device mobile applications
- Unwavering attention to detail with an acute awareness that everything counts
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations
- An informed set of core values regarding user experience, technology, and business communication and the ability to present them with eloquence and concision.
- Experience shipping innovative, successful consumer products
- Committed to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top