Senior UX Designer, Selling Partner Trust and Loyalty
- Tempe, AZ
Would you enjoy being able to tell your friends your design was on the Amazon.com website within your first couple weeks? Are you passionate about creating both the best buying and selling experience on the internet? As a Senior UX Designer on the Selling Partner Trust and Loyalty team you will be actively working on designs that accomplish this for buyers and sellers on Amazon.com everyday.
You should be at ease creating scenarios, sketches, story boards, wire-frames, and prototypes. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to visualize an experience in the abstract, break down complex use-cases and then be able to drive the vision into solid design deliverables. You think first from the customer's perspective, use research and data to influence your designs, set relentlessly high standards for yourself and deliver best-in-class customer experiences. You thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment and embrace the idea that failure is a critical part of innovation. You balance your passion for inspired, compelling, elegant yet simple designs with a highly analytical nature, precise execution, and a relentless drive to design, build and deliver.
Did you know that Amazon already has a vibrant and thriving marketplace where Sellers experience great success selling their products? We work with those Sellers to build trust from the Customer, Seller and in the entire post-purchase experience. If you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment, solving complex use cases and delivering innovative solutions then come join us in taking the innovation in our Sellers' business and technology to the next level. We are building solutions to keep the bar high for Customers while keeping the Sellers on the road to success.
- Create elegant and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints.
- Lead the planning and strategic phases of a project. Proactively pitch new CX ideas, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale.
- Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for mobile, and web interfaces throughout the design process.
- Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Be a champion for user-centered design by partnering with researchers to test your solutions in front of users; and be willing to build lightweight prototype, conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own if required.
- Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
- Contribute to user experience design guidelines and development best practices and standards at Amazon Design Community.
- Proactively mentor and lead other designers.
**We are open to hiring this role in any U.S. location with an Amazon corporate office. See list of locations here: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/locations/?&continent=north_america&cache.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), design, or equivalent professional experience.
• 8+ years of industry experience in UX design or related discipline.
• An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in user-centered design solutions and product design innovation. Must illustrate solving for multi-platform UX challenges and demonstrate scalable, user-friendly design solutions.
• High proficiency in a variety of design and prototype tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
• Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo, or in partnership with a UX Researcher.
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation.Exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate user and business needs into fantastic solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong visual design skills to complement your UX skill.
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
• Fluency in best design practices across mobile, web platforms and devices, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at a minimum base salary of $120,800. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units will be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. For more information regarding Amazon benefits, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/benefits. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top