Senior UX Designer - Middle Mile (Bellevue, Minneapolis, or Nashville)
- Seattle, WA
Note on Location: We are open to this role being located in Bellevue, Minneapolis, or Nashville.
Amazon's Transportation and Recipient Experience team (TRX) designs products that power the interconnected system of shipping, transportation, and delivery experiences for Amazon Worldwide Operations. Our products are a critical piece in customers receiving their items on time as expected.
Our designers are often as concerned with operational processes and physical interaction as we are with digital interfaces. This is one of the key differentiators for TRX within Amazon. Our designers collaborate with product managers, developers, researchers, and executives to invent world-class multi-modal products.
As a Senior UX Designer, you will work with your team to gather insights about customers, and apply your expert information architecture and interaction design skills to the needs and problems you uncover. You will work through numerous ideas, dreaming big and moving fast. You will have significant opportunity to establish product vision and impact customer experience in a fast-paced and data-driven environment, informed by rigorous research and testing.
• Plan and propose innovative solutions for a wide variety of product design challenges including, but not limited to: mobile, responsive web, physical environments, and person-to-person interactions.
• Lead the design for wholly new experiences and improvements of existing experiences while planning and defining strategy for the direction of future iterations.
• Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details.
• Advocate for your design solutions by putting them in context with the inputs that influenced the design decisions, including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings.
• Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mock-ups, interaction flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Deliver work that's not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
• Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle.
• Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics.
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications.
• Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
• Contribute to the group's shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies.
• 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or 4+ years equivalent professional experience
• A portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions
• Experience designing for the web and mobile device experiences
• Proficiency with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, InVision, Hype, Axure, and Keynote.
• Visual design expertise demonstrated through mockups, prototypes, and style guides.
• Experience in design thinking methodologies, from research, design, to building tangible outcomes
• 5+ years of experience leading work as a senior creative contributor
• MS in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology.
• Experience in a highly agile/product environment.
• Ability to work in a startup environment.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) is a strong plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top