Senior UX Designer - Global Mile - XBPS Experience
- Bellevue, WA
Are you a creative, curious, experienced UX Designer looking to join a growing design team? This is a great opportunity if you are someone who wants to join a UX design program in its early stages to build end-to-end logistics operator user experiences from scratch, leveraging your experience of good practices and potential pitfalls. You will design user experiences to translate complex workflows into UIs that are intuitive and delight our users, owning the process from early-stage concepts all the way through delivery and success measurement. Working with operators, product managers, and engineers, you will perform experiments and shape our user experience strategy in a rapidly evolving environment with data and insights to drive the best UX. With stakeholders in the company across retail, marketplace, technology, and operations, you will have frequent opportunities to influence significant UX decisions. If you are responsive, flexible and able to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a high-degree of independence and ownership to thrive in collaborative work environments, this is the right role and team for you.
Global Mile is on a mission to eliminate borders for buyers and sellers as we drive Amazon's expansion into a rapidly growing list of countries, creating new logistics benchmarks and "firsts" through disruptive innovation. We are a multicultural, multilingual team working with sellers, shippers, and logistics providers to fulfill our mission: "Every seller. Every location. Every customer on Earth."
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon Global Mile, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Talk about what work/life balance means on your team. Consider including this paragraph: Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Create elegant and intuitive user experiences by incorporating user insights, business requirements and technical constraints.
• Lead the planning and strategic phases of a project. Proactively pitch new CX ideas, backed by a strong, well-articulated rationale.
• Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups with detailed visual design specifications for web and mobile interfaces throughout the design process.
• Independently deliver UX solutions for problems of large scope and complexity. Work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
• Be a champion for user-centered design by testing your solutions in front of users. Be willing to build lightweight prototype, conduct scrappy and quick user testing on your own.
• Present design work to UX, Product, and Engineering teams, as well as stakeholders and executive leadership.
• Contribute to user experience design guidelines and development best practices and standards at Amazon Design Community.
• Proactively mentor and lead other designers.
• 6+ years of design experience
• An available online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience in user-centered design solutions and product design innovation.
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), design, or equivalent professional experience.
• Experience using design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, Figma, Framer, Azure, and the Adobe Creative Suite; command of technologies (web, Android, iOS, etc.).
• Experience planning and executing effective customer research, solo or in partnership with a UX Researcher.
• Experience solving for multi-platform UX challenges and scalable, user-friendly design solutions.
• Exceptional problem-solving abilities and solid design instincts who can translate user and business needs into solutions.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with product and tech partners from inception through implementation.
• Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design requirements independently.
• Fluency in best design practices across mobile, web platforms and devices, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top